Japanese LCCs in turmoil
Skymark Airlines President & CEO, Shinichi Nishikubo, stated he expects the carrier’s operations to "return to normal" by late Aug-08, following a pilots shortage that forced it to cancel a significant 633 services between Jun-08 and Aug-08. [1090 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- To increase B737 cockpit crew by 12-13 pilots by the end of 2008 as it transitions from B767 equipment
- Abandons plans to operate from Nagoya Chubu
- To increase fares by 20% in Sep-08
- Skymark expects to pay dividends for the first time in Mar-11.
- Other Japanese LCCs also struggle
Graphs and data:
- Skymark financial forecasts for FY08/09 (12 months ending 31-Mar-09)
- Skymark traffic for 12 months ended 31-Mar-08 by route
- StarFlyer financial forecasts for FY08/09 (12 months ending 31-Mar-09)
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.