Is Mumbai Airport passenger traffic on the mend?
Passenger traffic continued to improve at Mumbai Chattrapati Shivaji International Airport in Jul-2009, rising 6.8% year-on-year, to 2 million passengers. Domestic traffic led the way with a fifth consecutive monthly improvement, rising 12.1%, to 1.3 million passengers. International traffic, meanwhile, was down only 2.1%, to 680,099 passengers. The overall increase was impressive especially considering air traffic movements rose only 1.8% over the month. [1159 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Association of Private Airports Operators states Mumbai Airport charges one of the lowest in the world
- Construction costs for upgrades increase significantly
- Secondary runway shut-down for resurfacing, delays possible
- ACSA values 10% stake in Mumbai Airport at USD51.5 million
- AAI to resume commercial operations at Juhu due to delays in construction of Navi Mumbai Airport
Graphs and data:
- Mumbai Chattrapati Shivaji International Airport passenger traffic growth (% change year-on-year): Jul-2008 to Jul-2009
- Mumbai Airport key facilities
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.