IndiGo to spreads its wings; one in five seats to be international. Confirms order for 180 A320s
After serving the required prefatory five years of domestic operations, IndiGo is preparing to spread its wings internationally in Sep-2011. The LCC, the largest in the domestic Indian market, has confirmed it will mark its foray into the international market with direct services to Dubai, Singapore and Bangkok. [1333 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- International expansion aimed at improving financial position
- To become seventh Indian airline and fourth LCC to operate internationally
- To face competition from incumbents on each new international route
- To expand fleet capacity by 50% over 18 months. Confirms order for 150 A320neos and 30 A320s
- No IPO plans
Graphs and data:
- Indian carrier international passenger numbers during 1Q2011
- SpiceJet (scheduled), IndiGo, GoAir and JetLite international networks
- IndiGo’s launch international destinations and competitors
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.