IATA forecasts Middle East airline losses to balloon in 2009
The profitability outlook for Middle East airlines in 2009 has suffered a serious reversal in the early months of 2009. Despite a strong recovery forecast for 2010 and beyond, 2009 will be a year of heavy losses for carriers in the region, according to IATA. [786 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Premium demand slump hits Middle East
- Looking ahead
Graphs and data:
- Worldwide airline industry profits (USD billion):2006-2009F
(As at Mar-2009)
- Worldwide and Middle East premium traffic growth (% change): Jan-200 to Jan-2009
- Middle East premium revenue share & premium traffic share
- IATA premium traffic growth by region (% change): Jan-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.