Hong Kong cargo crisis intensifies
The bottom has fallen out of the Hong Kong freight market. Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals (HACTL) stated the air cargo industry is undergoing an “extremely challenging ice age”, with latest throughput data for December – usually a busy period – suggesting a thaw in conditions is some way off. [980 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- HKIA cargo volumes plummet close to 30% in Dec-08
- HACTL's Dec-08 volumes dismal
- Cathay defers cargo terminal by two years
- Cathay trimming cargo capacity
Graphs and data:
- Hong Kong International Airport passenger numbers vs cargo volume growth (% change year-on-year): Jan-08 to Dec-08
- Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals Limited monthly cargo volume growth (% year-on-year): Jan-08 to Dec-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.