Financial highlights were as follows:
- Revenue: USD74.3 million, +21.6% year-on-year;
- Aeronautical: USD49.5 million, +7.6%;
- Passenger charges: USD20.3 million, +8.6%;
- Airport fee: USD15.7 million, +5.3%;
- Non-aeronautical: USD24.8 million, +64.6%;
- Freight and packing: USD8.5 million, +302.1%;
- Franchise fee: USD8.4 million, +22.7%;
- Car parking: USD2.6 million, +64.5%;
- Operating profit: USD37.0 million, +33.1%;
- Profit before tax: USD38.7 million, +31.1%;
- Net profit: USD36.5 million, +31.0%;
- Total assets: USD350.9 million, +11.1%;
- Cash and cash equivalents: USD134.4 million, +49.9%;
- Total liabilities: USD38.4 million, +102.3%;
- Passenger numbers: 8.8 million, +4.6%;
- Cargo volume: 154,125 tons, +11.8%;
- Aircraft movements: 73,824, +6.8%.
- *Based on the conversion rate at USD1 = CNY6.564
Hainan Meilan International Airport Co stated: “The group estimates that the industry operating environment will be improved, the [Hainan] island’s civil aviation transportation and production will show rapid growth." But it warned: "The deep impact of the international financial crisis has not been completely eliminated, the world economy has not yet entered a virtuous circle of steady growth. Systemic and structural risks are still quite prominent."
Selected ABD daily share price movements (% change): 28-Mar-2011
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.