Hainan Airlines outperforms Big Three, but still joins the club seeking a government bailout
If you can’t beat them – join them. Hainan Airlines’ parent, HNA Group, has put up its hand for a government cash injection as economic conditions deteriorate, despite outperforming China’s Big Three airlines on the stock market this year. [875 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Pushes north - buying assets from parent
- Passenger traffic recovers, though cargo remains weak
- International expansion to Central Asia/Eastern Europe
Graphs and data:
- Chinese carriers share price index: 01-Jan-08 to 22-Dec-08 Index: 01-Jan-08 = 1
- HNA Group passenger numbers growth and cargo volume growth: Dec-07 to Nov-08
- Chinese Mainland carriers' total passenger numbers growth (% year-on-year): Jan-08 to Nov-08
- Chinese Mainland carriers' domestic passenger traffic (RPK) growth (% year-on-year): Jan-08 to Nov-08
- Chinese Mainland carriers' domestic passenger load factor: Jan-08 to Nov-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.