Frontier Airlines reports improvements in net and operating losses in Aug-08
Frontier, which is now required to release monthly operating reports while in bankruptcy protection, reported a net loss of USD5.6 million in Aug-08. This compared to a net loss of USD3.2 million in Jul-08 and USD8.8 million in Jun-08, and losses of USD22.0 million in May-08, and USD16.5 million in the 20 days between 10-Apr-08 to 30-Apr-08, following the airline’s entry into bankruptcy protection on 11-Apr-08.
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Unit costs excluding fuel fall 12.9% in Aug-08; but overall unit costs on the rise
- Faces opposition from union on cost cutting plans
- Cash and short-term investment increases to USD77.8 milion
- To reduce mainline capacity by 17% in the six months to 31-Mar-09
Graphs and data:
- Frontier Airlines Holdings financial highlights for Aug-08
- Frontier Airlines unit cost per ASK (USD cents): 1Q06 to 2Q08
- JetBlue Airways capacity growth (ASK) growth: Jan-04 to Aug-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.