Formal transfer of control to Bahrain Airport Company
The formal transfer of operational management of Bahrain International Airport (BIA) from the Bahrain Civil Aviation Authority to Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) was conducted on 12-Jul-2009. BAC, formed in 2008 by the Bahrain national investment company, Mumtalakat, will manage all operations at the airport, allowing the CAA to focus on regulation and aviation policy. [873 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Bahrain passenger traffic drops firmly into negative territory
- New Gulf Air strategy affects growth
- Struggling in comparison to its neighbours
- Competing home carriers
- More development for BIA
Graphs and data:
- Bahrain International Airport passenger numbers and growth: Jan-08 to Jun-09
- Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and Dubai passenger growth rates: Jan-2009 to Jun-2009
- Gulf Air & Bahrain Air competing routes & frequencies
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.