easyJet to cut capacity at Luton by 20% and close East Midlands base
easyJet recently announced plans to reduce capacity at London Luton Airport by 20% and close its East Midlands Airport base in 2010. The LCC stated it will move this capacity to more profitable airports and expects most aircraft will be redeployed to continental European bases, to maintain its targetted growth of 7.5% p/a. [1203 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Reaches growth agreement with Sir Stelios
- Passenger traffic continues to rise
- Expands into Morocco and Dusseldorf
- Liverpool-Belfast service becomes easyJet’s busiest route
- Planning to trial mobile check-in
Graphs and data:
- easyJet fleet plans: 2009-2013
- easyJet passenger numbers and load factor growth (percentage growth year-on-year): Aug-2008 to Jul-2009
- Belfast capacity share by carrier (week commencing 02-Sep-09)
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.