Dubai Airport traffic turns negative as global crisis (and AbuDhabi/Etihad?) sweeps in
Dubai International Airport has missed its target of handling 40 million passengers in 2008 by a sizeable margin. Patchy traffic in the last four months of the year have hit full-year numbers at Dubai Airport, resulting in a lower than expected 9.0% annual increase in throughput to 37.4 million passengers. It was Dubai’s slowest annual growth in a decade. [955 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Reductions in traffic at Dubai in final two months of 2008
- Cargo solid in 2008
- Dubai Duty Free surges to new record
- Terminal 3 construction deal, but high-speed rail link shelved
Graphs and data:
- Dubai Airport annual passenger numbers (millions) and growth % change year-on-year): 1997 to 2008
- Dubai vs Abu Dhabi airport passenger numbers growth (% change year-on-year): 1997 to 2008
- Dubai Airport monthly passenger numbers ('000) and growth % change year-on-year): Jan-07 to Oct-08
- Dubai vs Abu Dhabi monthly passenger numbers growth (% change year-on-year): Jan-08 to Dec-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.