Delhi International Airport - Domestic passenger traffic remains weak in Dec-08
Airports Authority of India (AAI) reports total passenger numbers at Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport fell 9.2% year-on-year in Nov-08 to 1.9 million, as a result of high fares in the domestic market and a slowing economy. The overall decline in passenger traffic has been led by a steep decline in domestic traffic, which was down 18.5% year-on-year in Nov-08, continuing a run of very weak monthly results since Jul-08. [1246 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- To increase aeronautical charges and impose an Airport Development Fee to boost its funding
- To increase retailing and F&B opportunities
- Foggy conditions trigger shut down and delays
Graphs and data:
- Delhi International Airport passenger traffic growth (% change year-on-year): Nov-07 to Nov-08
- Delhi, Mumbai and Hyderabad International airports passenger traffic growth (% change year-on-year): Jan-06 to Nov-08
- Features of Delhi Airport's proposed Terminal 3
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.