Chinese airport traffic wrap 2008: Guangzhou the stand-out performer. 2009 outlook
2008 was a difficult year for China’s airport sector and 2009 will be no different, as the effects of the global economic downturn take over from the domestic disturbances that hit traffic volumes last year. [838 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- 400 million passenger milestone surpassed
- Guangzhou a solid performer
- Cargo volumes up 2.6% in 2008
- Aircraft movements rise more rapidly
- Outlook: 2008 performance no guide to success in 2009
Graphs and data:
- Chinese Mainland international, domestic and regional (Hong Kong/Macau) airport passenger numbers (mill): 1984 to 2008
- Chinese Mainland airport passenger numbers (mill) and passenger numbers growth (% change year-on-year): 2008
- Chinese Mainland airport cargo volumes (mill tonnes) and cargo volume growth (% change year-on-year): 2008
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.