China Eastern’s meltdown - Singapore Airlines’ lucky Shanghai escape
Shanghai’s loss-making machine, China Eastern Airlines, racked up close to USD1.9 billion in losses in the three months ended 31-Dec-08 alone – or more than USD20 million per day (close to USD1 million per hour), according to The Centre's calculations. Full-year net losses reached USD2.2 billion. [870 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Nightmare averted for Singapore Airlines
- Outlook: Crash through or crash
Graphs and data:
- China Eastern operating profit margin and net profit margin: 2005 to 2008
- China Eastern revenue growth and operating costs growth: 2005 to 2008
- China Eastern financial/traffic highlights for 12 months ended 31-Dec-08
- China Eastern Airlines passenger number growth and cargo volume growth: Apr-08 to Mar-08
- China Eastern international passenger number growth and domestic passenger number growth: Apr-08 to Mar-09
- China Eastern Airlines international vs domestic passenger capacity growth: Apr-08 to Mar-09
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.