China Eastern Airlines grounding aircraft as weak traffic continues
China Eastern Airlines confirmed it has been regularly grounding aircraft since Apr-08 to reduce capacity, particularly on international services, amid ongoing weakness in demand. The carrier has been grounding on average 20 aircraft per day, or 9% of its fleet. [755 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Traffic bottoms in Aug-08, but painful recovery ahead
- Partner(s) needed
- Outlook: Unlikely to be left to fail
Graphs and data:
- China Eastern Airlines scheduled aircraft deliveries: 2008 (remainder) to 2012
- China Eastern Airlines current fleet (at 11-Nov-08)
- China Eastern Airlines passenger numbers vs cargo volume growth (% change year-on-year): Oct-07 to Sep-08
- China Eastern Airlines passenger numbers growth (% change year-on-year): Oct-07 to Sep-08
- China Eastern Airlines passenger load factor (%): Oct-07 to Sep-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.