Philippine LCC Cebu Pacific reported a full-year 2010 operating profit of USD147.6 million and net profit of USD158.4 million, more than doubling its results from 2009. The carrier's passenger numbers rose 19.5% while revenue increased 25%. Shares in Cebu Pacific eased 0.1% yesterday, on a generally strong day for LCC shares, particularly in Europe.
Cebu Pacific financial highlights for the 12 months ended 31-Dec-2010:
- Revenue: USD665.7 million*, +24.8% year-on-year;
- Ancillary: USD53.5 million, +10.1%;
- Operating costs: USD518.1 million, +12.4%;
- Fuel: USD224.4 million, +33.3%;
- Operating profit: USD147.6 million, +103.9%;
- EBITDAR margin: 34.9%, +5.7 ppts;
- Net profit: USD158.4 million, +112.5%;
- Passenger numbers: 10.5 million, +19.5%;
- International: 2 million, n/a;
* Based on the conversion rate USD1 = PHP43.7
airberlin CEO Joachim Hunold predicted a return to profitability in 2011 as economic growth, a decline in unemployment and increasing demand for business travel boost passenger numbers. The carrier is forecasting a positive EBIT result in 2011 with the CEO noting that the carrier plans to counter EUR180 million in higher fuel costs in 2011 with increased surcharges and a EUR100 million saving plan. Shares in the carrier eased 0.3% yesterday.
Selected PEA daily share price movements (% change): 24-Mar-2011
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.