Cathay remains in “vulnerable position”; full recovery remains uncertain
Cathay Pacific CEO, Tony Tyler, stated that while it appears the worst is now over, the carrier remains in a “vulnerable position” and there is still uncertainty over whether the airline’s business will recover to levels seen previously. [1595 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Dragonair also seeing “no clear indication of any sustained recovery”
- Yields remain “under pressure”; long recovery process ahead
- To continue prudent financial management
- No year-end bonus for Cathay staff, but 1.8% pay increase for 2010
- Reducing IMT staff
- Air China increases shareholding in Cathay Pacific; increasing cooperation
- Raises fuel surcharges, lower landing fees
- Heading off to Milan in Mar-2010; strengthening services to North America
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.