Blue1 cuts capacity to maintain load factors
Finland’s Blue1 transported over 132,000 passengers in May-2009, a 12.9% decline year-on-year. Traffic (RPKs) decreased 6.7% year-on-year, on a 7.5% capacity (ASKs) reduction. This resulted in a stable load factor of 66.8%, which improved by just 0.6 ppts year-on-year. [593 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Focuses on codeshare and seasonal operations
- Grows fleet despite capacity cuts
- Joins Star Alliance Company Plus
Graphs and data:
- Blue1 traffic highlights for May-2009
- Blue1 codeshare route map: Jun-2009
- Blue1 route map: Jun-2009
- Blue1 capacity breakdown by city pairs (seats per week as % of total)
- Helsinki-Vantaa International Airport capacity breakdown by carrier (seats per week as % of total)
- Blue1 fleet: Week commencing 15-Jun-09
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.