Allegiant growing too fast? Passenger load factor slips for third month in a row
Allegiant, which has been robust throughout the global economic slowdown, saw its passenger load factor slip for the third consecutive month in Aug-2009, suggesting the carrier may be expanding too aggressively. [523 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Low yields, but high profits
- Phoenix/Mesa and Orlando the focus destinations for Oct/Nov-2009
- Director of Sales a and Marketing resigns
Graphs and data:
- Allegiant Monthly Passenger Traffic (millions) and Load Factor (%): 12 months to Aug-2008 vs 12 months to Aug-2009
- Selected US carriers passenger yield: 2Q2009
- Selected US carriers operating profit/loss margin: 2Q2009
- Allegiant route changes (weekly frequency): 14-Oct-09 to 20-Nov-09
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.