SYDNEY (Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation) - Air India signed an agreement with ILFC to lease four B737-800 aircraft for five years for LCC subsidiary, Air India Express. The aircraft are scheduled for delivery from Feb-06 to Jun-06 and will be deployed on Kerala-Gulf routes.
Air India: “Operations under the Air India Express brand recorded an average load factor of 97% in the Kerala-Gulf sector from the time of launch [Apr-05] until now, far higher than the expected average load factor of roughly 70%”, S Venkat, Secretary.
Hear the views of the region’s CEOs and Managing Directors at THE aviation event of the region - the Centre's Second Annual Indian Subcontinent & Middle East Low Cost Airline Symposium in Mumbai on 6-7 October. Don't miss over 10 hours of networking time!
Latest confirmed speakers include:
- Ajay Singh, Director, SpiceJet
- Adel Ali, CEO, Air Arabia
- Tony Fernandes, CEO, AirAsia
- Jeh Wadia, Managing Director, Go Air
- Captain Gopinath, Managing Director, Air Deccan
- David Huttner, former Head of Strategy, Virgin Blue Airlines
- Wolfgang Prock-Schauer, CEO, Jet Airways
- Marwan Boodai, Chairman and CEO, Jazeera Airways
- Kiran Kumar Grandhi, Managing Director, Hyderabad International Airport
- Mumtaz Khan, Chairman & CEO, Emerging Markets Partnership
- Peter Harbison, Managing Director, Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation
- Andrew Miller, CEO Consulting, Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation
- Peter Hill, CEO, SriLankan Airlines
- Dr Nasser Al Tayyar, Chairman, Al Tayyar Airways
- Ingo Marowsky, Aviation Secretary, International Transport Workers' Federation
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.