The search is on! CAPA offers USD1,000 in quest for Aviation Quote of the Year
(SYDNEY: 15 November 2005) The Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA) has offered a high profile award to honour the best aviation industry published quote of the year.
Conditions of the quote include:
• It must have been published in a publicly available medium, print or electronic, in Calendar Year 2005;
• It should be no more than two sentences;
• It should be a reported verbal quote;
• It should relate specifically to aviation conditions in Asia and or the Middle East;
• The quote should be submitted by email to the following address (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 2400h GMT on 24 November 2005.
The winner of the cash prize will be the person who submits the quote (in case of multiple submission of the same quote, the winner will be the first received submission). The person who made the quote will receive a formal award from the Centre, with a prestigious plaque also to be awarded at the CAPA Aviation Awards for Excellence Dinner.
A short list of the best five quotes selected by the Centre's panel will be posted on the 2006 Outlook Summit website on 25 November at centreforaviation.com. Online voting will be opened on that day and will continue until 2400h GMT on 2 December.*
Initial criteria for judging by the Centre's panel will be:
- significance of the issue in industry evolution;
- conciseness and lasting impression of the quote;
- insight revealed by the quote.
[The Final decision on the CAPA Aviation Quote of the Year will be made by a panel of aviation experts selected by the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation].