Ryanair announced (21-Nov-2013) it will open 12 new routes from London Stansted in Apr-2014 as well as adding frequencies on 17 existing routes, which will deliver, according to the LCC, an additional 1.3 million passengers p/a. Ryanair’s growth at Stansted from Apr-2014 will deliver:
- 12 new routes to Basel, Bordeaux, Brive, Bucharest, Comiso, Dortmund, Lisbon, Osijek, Podgorica, Prague, Rabat and Skelleftea;
- 126 Stansted routes in total;
- More services and improved schedules on 17 existing routes (from 430 to 600 weekly flights);
- Over 1.3 million new Ryanair passengers p/a at Stansted (14.5 million in total);
- Over 1300 jobs sustained at Stansted Airport.
MAG’ CEO Charlie Cornish said: “Today’s announcement by Ryanair is fantastic news for Stansted, the region and the passengers who rely on the airport to provide a connection to and from all parts of Europe. The new destinations and increase in flights on key routes will offer passengers and businesses even more choice at great value and build on the strength of Ryanair’s extensive network at Stansted, the airline’s largest base in Europe. Ryanair is an important and valued customer for Stansted and MAG We're delighted to support the airline's expansion plans for next summer with this announcement coming hot on the heels of our joint 10 year growth agreement. MAG acquired Stansted to unlock its full potential and return the airport to rapid and sustained growth by offering great value to airlines and better services and facilities to passengers. Today’s announcement, together with the excellent progress we are making with our £80m investment in the terminal, is further evidence we are succeeding in transforming Stansted under our ownership.” [more - original PR] [more - original PR - STN] [more - original PR - Swedish]