UK's London Gatwick Airport stated (26-Nov-2013) its 1HFY2014 ended 30-Sep-2013 results were in line with expectations as it continues to compete to attract new airlines and routes, invest in new facilities, and deliver an excellent service to passengers. Details include:
- Revenue: GBP360.6 million, +10.7% year-on-year;
- EBITDA: GBP196.7 million, +14.4%;
- Profit before tax: GBP127.3 million;
- Capital expenditure: GBP104.8 million, -12.0%;
- Net debt: GBP1399 million, +6.2%;
- Passenger numbers: 20.8 million, +4.4%. [more - original PR]
London Gatwick Airport: “Gatwick continues to attract new airlines and routes, which were once only the domain of Heathrow. We now serve routes as diverse – and strategically important for the UK – as Moscow, Beijing, Istanbul and key cities in Vietnam. Substantial growth continues to come from our extensive European network. Next year, we will continue to grow our long haul network with routes including Jakarta, New York and Los Angeles," Stewart Wingate, CEO. Source: Company statement, 26-Nov-2013.