- Passenger numbers: 2.4 million, +3.8% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +6.2%;
- Passenger load factor: 80.1%, -3.1 ppts;
- Cargo volume: 135,998 tonnes, -17.5%;
- Cargo load factor: 66.2%, -8.9 ppts. [more – original PR]
Cathay Pacific: “Our passenger traffic held up quite well in October but the growth could not keep pace with the increase in capacity, which accounts for the drop in load factor. Demand in the premium cabins continued to be robust, in what is traditionally the peak month for business travel, but the outlook is very uncertain. In the economy cabin we are seeing increasing pressure on yield, particularly on long-haul routes. Our business to Japan continues to recover and we will revert to a full schedule in November,” GM revenue management, James Tong. Source: Company statement, 14-Nov-2011.