Airbus announced (22-Jul-2010) it received commitments at the 2010 Farnborough Air Show for 255 aircraft, valued at about USD28 billion. The commitments include firm orders for 133 aircraft, plus MoUs for a further 122. [more]
- Firm orders:
- GECAS: 60 A320s, USD4.9 billion;
- Air Lease Corporation: 51 A320 family aircraft, USD4.4 billion;
- Aeroflot: 11 A330-300s, USD2.3 billion;
- Garuda Indonesia: Six A330-200s, USD1.2 billion;
- Germania: Five A319s, USD372 million.
- LAN: 40 A320s and ten A321s, USD4.2 billion;
- Hong Kong Airlines: Ten A330-200s and 15 A350 XWBs, USD4.7 billion;
- Virgin America: 40 A320s, USD3.3 billion from;
- Thai Airways International: Seven A330-300s, USD1.5 billion.
Airbus: “Before the Farnborough Air Show we already had 131 orders, and we predicted that by the end of the week we’d double that. Indeed, the commitments which we have already received here, bring our total firm orders this year already to over 260 aircraft. This clearly proves that the market is back, and that our new end of year target for over 400 orders is within reach,” John Leahy, Chief Operating Officer, Customers. Source: Airbus, 22-Jul-2010.