- Passenger numbers: 2.2 million, -0.4% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): -3.9%;
- Passenger load factor: 78.2%, -1.5 ppts;
- Cargo volume: 134,584 tonnes, +2.4%;
- Cargo load factor: 62.8%, -2.0 ppts;
- Flights: 5,666, +6.7%. [more – original PR]
Cathay Pacific: “In September we trimmed frequencies on a number of long-haul services as one of the cost-containment measures we announced in May to help manage our way through a high-fuel-price environment. Our passenger capacity will show negative growth for the remainder of 2012 and into next year. Demand in the premium cabins usually picks up after the summer holiday season but this year the pick-up has been slow, especially on regional routes. A number of major companies are still imposing restrictions on staff travel,” Cathay Pacific general nanager revenue management James Tong. Source: Company statement, 16-Oct-2012.