- Passenger numbers: 2.7 million, +6.9% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +4.9%;
- Passenger load factor: 85%, +3.9 ppts;
- Capacity (ASKs): +0.1%;
- Cargo volume: 122,920 tonnes, -1.9%;
- Cargo load factor: 60.3%, -4.4 ppts;
- Flights: 6175, +6.2%. [more – original PR]
Cathay Pacific: “We enjoyed a strong start to the summer peak period, with good loads on major long-haul routes and also to the key holiday destinations within the region. However, the comparison with last year is distorted by the effect of Severe Typhoon Vicente, which had a major impact on our operations in July 2012. The Economy cabins were particularly busy last month; demand in the premium cabins was generally weaker, but in line with our expectations for the summer peak,” James Tong, Cathay Pacific General Manager Revenue Management. Source: Company statement, 20-Aug-2013.