SriLankan Airlines urgently cutting costs through cost restructuring
SriLankan Airlines CEO, Manoj Gunawardena, announced in Aug-2009 that the carrier expects a turnaround by late 2010, with its growth forecast in line with projected recovery in the tourism industry. Sri Lanka’s 26 year civil war came to an end in May-2009 and is expected to bring about a revival for the nation’s economy. Tourist arrivals in Sri Lanka reportedly increased for the first time this year in Jun-2009, following the resolution of civil unrest. [1132 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Losses almost double in FY2008/09
- Once again Mihin Lanka’s losses mount
- Expands international network through codeshare and interline partners
- Sixth airline to pass IATA Safety Audit for ground operations
Graphs and data:
- SriLankan Airlines net profit/loss: 1QFY2008/09 to 4QFY2008/09
- Mihin Lanka route map: Sep-2009
- Sri Lanka capacity breakdown by carrier (seats per week as % of total)
- SriLankan Airlines route map: Sep-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.