Raytheon to bid for contract for final phase of Indian navigation system
US defence and aerospace manufacturer, Raytheon, announced it will bid for the final phase contract of the Indian GPS and Geosynchronous Augmented Navigation System (GAGAN), a proposed nation-wide satellite-based navigation system which will provide India with an accurate and flexible country-wide air navigation network. [1323 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- GAGAN to revolutionise Indian traffic operations
- Controller inexperience linked to near misses in over first half of 2008
- New Chennai Air Traffic Control partnership between Airports Authority of India and Indian Air Force
- Airlines call for flexible airspace management
- Traffic growth continues to ease
Graphs and data:
- Indian domestic market PRK growth forecast
- Indian aircraft movements (% change year-on-year): Jan-07 - Jun-08
- AAI Aircraft movements growth: Jan-07 to Apr-08
- Major Indian airports aircraft movements growth: Jan-07 to Apr-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.