Philippines market emerges as Asia’s largest LCC battleground
The Philippines has emerged as one of Asia’s most interesting and dynamic markets, with rapidly intensifying low-cost carrier competition expected to drive further growth in 2011 and beyond. The entrance of leading Asian low-cost airline groups AirAsia and Tiger gives the colourful Philippines market six low-cost carriers – more than any other country in Asia and just about everywhere in the world. [2864 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Cebu Pacific – the Philippines market leader
- AirPhil Express – growing fast after an LCC transformation
- Zest Air – another adopter of the LCC model
- PAL – increased focus on international routes
- SEAir – big LCC plans following Tiger investment
Graphs and data:
- Philippines domestic market leadership: 2Q2009 to 1Q2011
- Cebu Pacific international passenger traffic: 2007 to 1Q2011
- Philippines carriers’ domestic and international capacity market share: May-2010 vs May-2011
- Cebu Pacific 1Q2010 vs 1Q2011 financial highlights
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.