LCCs seeking regional aircraft, SpiceJet joins the list
In Dec-2010, SpiceJet firmed up a USD450 million order for 15 Bombardier Dash 8 Q400s plus 15 options, joining a growing list of LCCs adding regional aircraft to their fleet. Promoter Kalanithi Maran has been clear about the growth path he has in mind for SpiceJet and it seems he has identified ripe grounds for expansion: regional India. [2059 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- SpiceJet 'not fussed about international'
- Delving deeper into India
- SpiceJet pre-empts others to stay ahead of the curve
- SpiceJet moves away from the LCC mantra
- LCCs and role of the RJ/turboprop
- Changing the flight plan
Graphs and data:
- Forecast growth of Indian aviation markets
- India’s Total Small and Medium Enterprises (100,000s) 1990-91 to 2009-10
- Comparative annual Growth Rates of sectors (%) 2002-03 to 2009-10
- SpiceJet’s proposed Q400 network
- SpiceJet’s current and proposed B737 network
- Flybe route network
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.