JAL again considers LCC with Jetstar after emerging from bankruptcy
Japan Airlines Corp is reportedly again considering establishing a domestic LCC with Qantas’ low-cost subsidiary, Jetstar, according to reports in The Nikkei and Kyodo. JAL is reportedly planning to utilise the carrier’s expertise to challenge All Nippon Airways' move to launch a Kansai-based LCC in 2HFY2011. [1752 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Jetstar keen to enter North Asian LCC market
- Close relationship with Qantas Group and JAL
- JAL-Jetstar LCC idea floated back in 2009
- JAL to learn ‘dual brand’ structure from Qantas
- ANA LCC to launch with A320s
- JAL emerges from bankruptcy at difficult time for industry
Graphs and data:
- Domestic LCC penetration by country: Mar-2011
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.