Italy Airport overview – Rome and Venice
Aeroporti di Roma, Gemina, its owner, and SAVE, the operator of Venice Airport, have all released financial reports for periods ending 30-Sep-2009. The Rome airports are only slowly recovering from the years of unrest associated with the decline of Alitalia. But now Changi Airports International, which has had a consulting contract with AdR, is being linked with a potential investment in Fiumicino Airport. As for SAVE, which unusually operates both the primary and secondary airports in the Venice region, its airport division appears to be functioning almost as well as its infrastructure and retail divisions. And quietly it is positioning itself for selective equity acquisition at appropriate airports in Europe and beyond. [2775 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Fiumicino continues to lose passengers at a greater rate than Ciampino
- First sign of recovery in low cost segment
- CAI to invest for greater AdR ‘leverage’ in talks with government?
- AdR – SEA collaboration offers Italy a united front against competitors
- SAVE sees airports division producing greater EBITDA compared to other divisions
- Lengthy airport concessions in place, or sought
- Venice “performing better than other Italian airports”
- EUR60 million investments at home and equity acquisition abroad
- ‘Crisis’ charging scheme linked to CPI
Graphs and data:
- Gemina financial highlights: three months ended 30-Sep-2009 (EUR millions)
- Gemina revenue: Q32008 vs Q32009
- Aeroporti di Roma financial highlights: three and nine months ended 30-Sep-2009
- Rome airport system passenger number growth: Oct-2008 to Oct-2009
- SAVE Group: Revenue growth, EBITDA growth, Profit before tax growth & EBIT growth: Q3209 & 9 months ended Sep-2009
- Venice Airport passenger numbers: 9M 2008 vs 9M 2009
- Venice Airport system: 2006 to 9M 2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.