Japan’s Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MLIT) Minister Tezuso Fuyushiba today announced a new international policy to apply when Haneda’s new runway opens in 2010.
Main points are:
- The night curfew will be reduced to 22:00 hrs, against the current 23:00hrs. This will allow more convenient schedules for US and European flights
- International slots available will be restricted to 30,000 until October 2010
- As demand grows, first slots will go to expansion of Asian city routes where business need is strongest
- Domestic slots to increase from 10,000 to 20,000 immediately
- 60,000 international slots to be available at Haneda eventually
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.