Americas Traffic Watch - Capacity growth divide continues: the strong get stronger
Capacity growth among North American carriers slowed noticeably in Oct-08, with only WestJet and Southwest reporting growth during the month, reflecting the rapidly slowing US economy. [958 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Oct-08 Load factors remain above 80% in US domestic operations
- Allegiant reports highest domestic US load factor; Southwest the lowest in Oct-08
- Allegiant load factors on the rise; GOL load factors drop the most
- WestJet fastest growing carrier in Oct-08; other carriers reign in growth
Graphs and data:
- North American carrier's domestic passenger capacity growth (% change year-on-year): Oct-08
- North/South American LCC capacity growth plans for 4Q08 and 2009: as at Nov-08
- Selected North and South American airlines' load factors (%) and load factor growth (year-on-year change): Oct-08
- Select American traffic (RPMs) and traffic (RPM) growth: Oct-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.