25.7 million pax for AirAsia Group in 2010; 4Q2010 marks strongest quarter ever
AirAsia Group - representing its Malaysia, Thai and Indonesian units - reported a 13.1% increase in passenger numbers in 2010 to 25.7 million, while load factor rose 3ppts to 78% as capacity, measured by seats flown, increased by 9.2%. The group's average stage length rose 6.9% to 1176km and its fleet rose by six to 90 aircraft at year-end. [1606 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Strongest quarter to have flow-on effect for yield and profitability
- Increased competition from Firefly and rising fuel prices pose risk
- AirAsia reviews plan to list in US or Hong Kong
- APPENDIX: TRAFFIC RESULTS
Graphs and data:
- AirAsia Group traffic results: 2010
- Malaysia AirAsia traffic results: Oct-2010, Nov-2010, Dec-2010, 4Q2010 and FY2010
- Thai AirAsia traffic results: Oct-2010, Nov-2010, Dec-2010, 4Q2010 and FY2010
- Indonesia AirAsia traffic results: Oct-2010, Nov-2010, Dec-2010, 4Q2010 and FY2010
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.