- Passenger numbers: 1.5 million, +10.4%;
- Passenger load factor: 79.5%, +6.3ppts;
- Cargo volume: 104,900 tonnes, +0.1%;
- Cargo load factor: 65.0%, +0.5ppts;
- East Asia: 56.9%, -3.2ppts;
- Americas: 66.9%, +3.1ppts;
- Europe: 75.0%, +1.0ppts;
- South West Pacific: 59.7%, +2.2ppts;
- West Asia and Africa: 62.3%, -0.6ppts.
Singapore Airlines: "Japan routes also saw strong improvement year-on-year as loads were affected by the March 2011 earthquake last year. However, the operating environment remains challenging amid elevated jet fuel prices. With the recent promotional fare activities, passenger yields are likely to come under pressure," Company statement. Source: Singapore Airlines, 16-Apr-2012.