UK's London Gatwick Airport passenger numbers up 4% - traffic highlights for Jun-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 3.3 million, +4.0% year-on-year;
- UK and Channel Islands: 341,100, +2.3%;
- Ireland: 112,700, -2.2%;
- European scheduled: 1.8 million, +8.2%;
- European charter: 516,700, -9.6%;
- North Atlantic: 192,100, -4.2%;
- Other long-haul: 352,600, +16.6%;
- Cargo volume: 8,275 tonnes, +14.7%;
- Aircraft movements: 22,529, +0.6%.
London Gatwick Airport: “A four per cent growth in passenger numbers for June starts the summer season on a good note. More important however are the year-on-year increases in average load factors that we are seeing at Gatwick. As we look to achieve sustainable growth from our single runway over the next decade and grow our passenger numbers by a third it is critical that we remain focused on operating our airfield efficiently. Flying fuller planes will help contribute to that sustainable growth, as will adding larger planes to the aircraft mix and facilitating more plane movements per hour – all of which we are pushing hard to deliver," Nick Dunn, CFO. Source: Company statement, 10-Aug-2012.