Hainan Airlines reportedly plans to inject CNY1.5 billion (USD225 million) in Grand China Air with the company also injecting a further CNY1.5 billion into HNA International Tourism Island Development and Construction (HNA Tourism Island) (Yicai/Capital Vue, 04-Dec-2010). Hainan Airlines will now have a 60% stake in China Xinhua Airlines while its controlling shareholder, Grand China Airlines Holdings will hold the remaining 40% stake. Hainan Airlines stated its capital increase in China Xinhua Airlines is aimed at reducing Xinhua Airlines’ debt ratio as well as improve the carrier’s financial position. Upon the completion of the capital injection into HNA Tourism Island, the registered capital of the company will be enlarged to CNY4.5 billion (USD675 million) and the stake held by Hainan Airlines in HNA Tourism Island will increase to 33%. HNA Group and HNA Industrial Holdings will hold a 60% and 7% stake in the company respectively.
Hainan Airlines to inject USD225m into Grand China Air and HNA Tourism Island
You may also be interested in the following articles...
China-UK air service agreement permits growth as Chinese airlines constrained in most other markets
An agreement between China and the UK to more than double their air service agreement is good timing for both sides. Chinese airlines are finding an imbalance: they are taking delivery of widebody aircraft and more Chinese airlines are flying long haul but traffic rights to major markets – the US, Canada, Germany and France – are becoming depleted. Negotiations to add traffic rights have not succeeded, typically due to the foreign side being concerned about accessing Chinese slots or Russian overflight rights.
The agreement with the UK to expand the number of weekly passenger flights from each side from 40 to 100 reflects considerable pragmatism on the part of the UK: British Airways and Virgin Atlantic are not growing in China, and China is a large growth opportunity. The UK has lagged on Chinese tourism. It was only in 2015 that China became the UK's largest inbound market.
HNA's Avolon group to acquire CIT Commercial Air, creating world’s third largest aircraft lessor
HNA Group’s remarkable spending spree continues, with the announcement that its Avolon subsidiary will acquire CIT Commercial Air, the aircraft leasing arm of CIT Group.
The USD10 billion deal will create the world’s third largest lessor - and they may be more to come yet.
Avolon itself was only recently acquired by HNA Group, with the USD2.7 billion purchase agreement being finalised in Jan-2016, via Bohai Capital Holdings.
Avolon is now the core aircraft leasing brand for the HNA Group. Including assets from Hong Kong Aviation Capital, Bohai Capital and several smaller HNA Group leasing firms, Avolon has a fleet of nearly 250 aircraft and almost 200 more on order.