- Global airline ancillary revenue: USD32.5 billion, +43.8% year-on-year;
- US major airlines: USD12.5 millions, +87%;
- LCCs: USD4.8 billion, +33%;
- Traditional airlines: USD10.9 million, +28%;
- Ancillary revenue champs: USD4.3 billion, +13%.
Ancillary revenue by region:
- North America: USD15 billion, +72%;
- Africa/Middle East: USD1.4 billion, +52%;
- Latin America/Caribbean: 0.8 billion, +47%;
- Asia Pacific: USD6.3 billion, +30%;
- Europe: USD9 billion, +18.7%. [more – original PR]
Amadeus: “As ancillary revenues continue to grow rapidly, we are now seeing increasing interest from full service carriers around the world, which are also starting to implement ancillary services through global distribution systems, such as Amadeus. KLM and Iberia, for instance, have just joined the ranks of carriers implementing the Amadeus Ancillary Services solution for travel agencies. The model is now focusing on services which increase the scope of the product offering and reinforce the brand rather than unbundle the ticket price,” Holger Taubmann, VP distribution. Source: Amadeus, 19-Oct-2011.