- Passenger numbers: 3.2 million, -1.7% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 84.7%, +1.5 ppt;
- UK/Europe: 80.5%, +2.1 ppts;
- Trans-Atlantic: 88.0%, +3.4 ppts;
- Asia Pacific: 86.3%, -0.5 ppt;
- Africa & Middle East: 80.3%, -2.0 ppts;
- Cargo traffic (FTKs): -1.8%. [more]
British Airways: “In August 2009, passenger capacity, measured in Available Seat Kilometres, was 2.4% below August 2008. Traffic, measured in Revenue Passenger Kilometres, fell by 0.7 per cent. This resulted in a passenger load factor increase of 1.5 points versus last year, to 84.7%. Traffic comprised an 11.9% decrease in premium traffic and a 1.3% increase in non-premium traffic. Market conditions remain unchanged with yields under pressure from the year on year impact of lower fuel surcharges, exchange movements and mix,” Company statement. Source: British Airways, 03-Sep-2009.