AerCap Holdings announced (12-Jan-2010) the completion of the following aircraft and engine transactions for the three months ended 31-Dec-2009:
- Signed new lease agreements for 15 aircraft and executed letters of intent for six aircraft leases;
- Delivered 14 aircraft and nine engines under lease agreements;
- Purchased ten aircraft and nine engines, and executed an agreement for the purchase of six aircraft and a letter of intent for the purchase of three aircraft;
- Sold eight aircraft and two engines, and executed an agreement for the sale of three aircraft and a letter of intent for the sale of one aircraft;
- Disassembled eight aircraft and eight engines; and
- Signed agreements for USD484 million of debt facilities. [more]
AerCap: "While the fourth quarter 2009 represented the completion of a very challenging year for the aviation and financial services industry, I am pleased to report that AerCap's operational performance was not significantly impacted. We successfully completed our ambitious new aircraft purchase program by adding ten aircraft to our portfolio during the fourth quarter alone. The continuing market improvements we observed since the second quarter of last year are also highlighted by the completion of eight aircraft sales during the fourth quarter,” Klaus Heinemann, CEO. Source: AerCap, 12-Jan-2010.