Worldwide airport investor community relatively upbeat - ACI Economics & Finance report, Part 1
The fourth Airports Council International Economics and Finance conference took place in London, UK, between 07-Mar-2012 and 09-Mar-2012, attracting some 250 speakers, panellists and delegates and with a notably strong representation from Africa. Despite the continuing economic downturn, especially in Europe, the conference, which covered a wide range of topics from ‘the State of the Industry’ via several sessions on airport investment and performance management to airport competition and performance management, was generally upbeat, at least for the long term. Some of the major issues discussed are highlighted below, with the remainder to follow in a later article. [2730 words]
Instantly get access to this article now for USD15.00.
This report contains the following subheadings:
- ACI to ICAO: 'Do not regulate non-aeronautical revenues'
- 'Airports are security companies': Jankovec
- The centre of the world
- Nostalgia for the bus sector airport operators
- Samsung muscles into airports
- Secretive world
- How do I attract airport investors without offering them an obvious return on investment?
CAPA Help Centre
- Forgotten your password?
- Forgotten your CAPA Membership level?
- Contact us today about a CAPA Membership quote!
Telephone: +61 2 9241 3200