Volcanic ash weighs on flybe result
flybe, the UK’s largest domestic carrier, reported a full-year net profit of GBP3.8 million, an 82.9% fall on its FY2009/10 result. The result was weighed down by volcanic ash and weather disruptions, which masked an otherwise strong performance at the Exeter-based company. [1049 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Other metrics up
- Ancillary continue to grow
- Weather events responsible for cost blowout
- Shares bounce on bullish outlook
Graphs and data:
- flybe revenue, FY2003-FY2011
- flybe passenger numbers, FY2003-FY2011
- flybe’s ancillary revenue per passenger, FY2003-FY2011
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.