Volaris takes first step towards international expansion codeshare partnership with Southwest
Meixcan LCC, Volaris, announced its intention to build a codeshare partnership with Southwest Airlines, the largest US LCC. The two airlines have completed the first step in creating a relationship that will eventually allow them to offer “a seamless travel experience to a wide array of destinations”. [1112 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- US expansion planned: first service in 4Q09 and up to 12 US destinations in three to five years
- Takes delivery of seven new aircraft in 2008; a further seven expected in 2009
- Mexican commercial airlines could lose up to USD1.2 billion in 2008: DGCA
Graphs and data:
- Southwest and Volaris key information
- Mexico domestic capacity breakdown by carrier (seats per week as % of total): Week commencing 08-Dec-08
- Volaris destination map: Dec-08
- Volaris fleet plan: Dec-08
- Volaris fleet delivery plan: 2009 to 2012: as at Dec-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.