US airline shares fell again on Friday, with the NYSE Arca Airline Index finishing the week 2.9% lower. The heaviest falls on Friday were from some of the largest US carriers, with American Airlines down 3.9%, Delta losing 3.4% and United Continental down 3.3%. The sole carrier to go against the trend was Southwest Airlines, with the LCC up 0.2%.
- Passenger numbers: 445,476, +3.0% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 89.4%, +1.2 ppts;
Air Canada reported the following traffic highlights in Feb-2011:
- Revenue passenger miles: +3.7% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 75.9%, -2.5 ppts;
- Domestic: 79.4%, +1.5 ppts;
- US: 78%, -0.1 ppt;
- Europe: 63.9%, -7.2 ppts;
- Asia Pacific: 78.4%, -7.3 ppts;
- Latin America and other: 80.1%, -2.1 ppts.
Selected AAD daily share price movements (% change): 04-Mar-2011
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.