Shares in most LCCs traded lower on Monday, reflecting the downward momentum of markets globally influenced by the earthquake crisis in Japan. Trading lowest was Vueling, down 4.9%. Shares in Vueling have dropped 15% over the past 30 days. Asian LCC shares were proportionally stronger, with SpiceJet up 3.6% and AirAsia up 2.8%.
- Passenger numbers: 484,000, +11% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 83%, -2.0 ppts.
GOL reported the following traffic highlights in Feb-2011:
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +4.5% year-on-year;
- Domestic: +4.4%;
- International: +5.9%;
- Load factor: 71.2%, +0.5 ppt;
- Domestic: 72.4%, +0.8 ppt;
- International: 62%, -2.1 ppts.
Selected PEA daily share price movements (% change): 14-Mar-2011
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.