Say “hello” to Jambo Jet: Kenya Airways’ low cost subsidiary
East Africa’s largest airline, Kenya Airways, is considering setting up a low cost subsidiary to operate some of its domestic and regional routes to meet rising competition in its core markets. Kenya Airways’ start-up LCC, to be named Jambo Jet (Jambo means “hello” in Swahili), will compete with Fly540, AirKenya and Jet Link. Jambo Jet will take over and complement some of Kenya Airways’ regional and domestic routes, and may even launch new routes for the parent company. [1103 words]
Instantly get access to this article now for USD15.00.
This report contains the following subheadings:
- Kenya suffers from poorly connected domestic air service
- Kenya’s growing middle class demands better air service
- Kenya’s LCC market
- No word on Jambo’s fleet yet
- Kenya needs Jambo
This report contains the following charts and tables:
- Kenya Airways’ domestic route map
- Hotel bed occupancy in Kenya by regions
- Kenya Airways fleet data
- Carriers based in Kenya and their networks
CAPA Help Centre
- Forgotten your password?
- Forgotten your CAPA Membership level?
- Contact us today about a CAPA Membership quote!
Telephone: +61 2 9241 3200