Navi Mumbai Airport finally receives environmental approval; No such luck for Juhu Airport
India’s financial capital, Mumbai, will have a second international airport at last with the Union Ministries of Environment and Aviation and Maharashtra Government's City and Industrial Development Corp (CIDCO) shifting their positions to meet each other half way. [2119 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- USD3.3bn project to commence operations in 2015
- Battle not yet over, opposition and more approvals remain
- GVP Power and Reliance interested in Navi Mumbai, Fraport bid unlikely
- Juhu Airport rejected
Graphs and data:
- Navi Mumbai Airport receives environmental approval
- Mumbai Airport and Navi Mumbai locations (Mumbai Airport, top left corner, Navi Mumbai bottom left)
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.