More US airport privatisations on the horizon?
As the Chicago Midway lease deal approaches its finalisation and Missouri's private Branson Airport prepares for its May-09 opening, news comes of at least two more US airports that are considering privatisation by lease as an option. [1255 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Agreement would cover all but airfield operations
- Can avoid provisions of the Pilot Programme
- Not unique
- Long Beach attracts major financiers
- Local community is noisy about noise
Graphs and data:
- Jacksonville International Airport passenger numbers and
passenger number growth (% change year-on-year): Oct-07 to Sep-08
- Aerial view of terminal with JetBlue A320s at their gates
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.